May 8, 2011

Office-style


My journey of poor quality NZ beer has led me to Double Brown. Not bad. But my taste buds have been skewed by the anti-inflammatory lozenges that you see in the photo which paralyze the throat so I'm not getting the full beer flavor. I'm not even exactly sure that the DB is liquid due to the strength of the Difflam. I'm sure it's hard to believe that I'm sick with these weather conditions. It's day 3 and my laundry still isn't dry. But, the nature lover in me is impressed by what looks like a new growth of black mold on the inside of my window pane. (And yes that is the one and only party purse collecting dust in the background).

Check it! I know I only have 3 weeks left at The Adelaide but I thought I'd spoil myself and outfit Room #4 with a working office. Yes, that is my underwear drawer working as the office chair and the Tui beer box elevates my jank one lap top to the perfect elevation. Ergonomically correct...check!

Another notable office item in the photo is what I like to call the window-keeper-upper which is the box to the cell phone I purchased in week one of Layla goes to New Zealand. It provides 3 different air ventilation settings. You know the ads for cell phones that are elderly-friendly? Well I pretty much own one of those. I can call and receive calls, check messages, and text in a very time-consuming manner. It's actually really great. Suck it Blackberry.