Mar 16, 2011

No Different Than Them

Kitchen/Bathroom


The Lounge


Landfill


Laundry Room


Send help...I'm turning into one of the men that I inhabit this building with. In my defense the kitchen/bathroom just makes sense. I didn't say it was sanitary but when you own a plate, a bowl, a spoon, & a fork and would rather wash your dishes in the b-room sink instead of facing the stench in the shared kitchen area then by god make use of your resources.

I invite you to the lounge (north corner of my room) to enjoy a Tui. They are delicious and the cans make for a lighter, quieter walk from the grocery store as opposed to bottles. You can also smash the cans to take up less room to the landfill area.

Okay, I know the landfill is gross. I'm embarrassed by it but it's my life right now. I asked a fellow Adelaidian what we did with our trash and was told that small amounts can be thrown in the shared kitchen trashcan. Which is really small. It tends to fill up quickly especially when you are the jerk that keeps cramming your garbage in it. As for the larger amounts of trash we are "on our own". Not 100% sure exactly what that means but I think it entails throwing it away in the student housing trash bin next door...under the cover of nightfall. Don't worry, I was assured that the cameras in that particular lot were "just for show".

As you can see I haven't made that trek as of yet. Yeah, that's my laundry pile. Pretty impressive when you think I only brought 2 bags of clothing here from The States. I think I have 1 clean sock and tank top, and a semi-clean pair of jeans. Kitchen/bathroom/laundry room perhaps?