Apr 20, 2011

I Miss You America.

Dear Adelaide Rental Agency,

F.U.

Best,
Room #4


So, should've guessed it. One Star will not allow me to end my lease early...even after receiving the lovely letter featured in yesterday's post.

According to the manager, if the building has not met code by May 30th then we will be moved to one of their hostel facilities. We will be receiving a letter within a week and a half outlining all of the details.

Let me set the scene...you know the part in Kill Bill...when Uma Thurman is about to go apeshit samurai-style and that crazy music starts to play and she has that look like the devil is trying to escape from her eyes...that is how I felt inside upon hearing this news. I'm trying to move into grownup mode and let these feelings subside a bit before I do something rash.

So you are telling me that we are supposed to be cool with a) the fact that we are currently living in a building that according to Wellington City Council is of unsound building quality to properly withstand an earthquake AND we live in a country that literally has hundreds of earthquakes every year? and b) packing up all of our shit to move to a hostel for god only knows how long and then move our shit back to that dump and feel safe?

I know I'm merely an immigrant to this country but is this how things fly? I'll hand it to ya, that's some hardcore shit...it's like wild west rules out here.

Having said all of this I'm confident that One Star will sue me for slander but will make me represent myself after going through law school on my own dime. Apparently that's how they roll.