Apr 18, 2011

Rain-o-rama


See the plaster damage action to the reggie of the burnt out bulb? It may just be a combo of the bottle of $7.99 cab and cans of Export Gold but I'm convinced she's growing. Today is what I'm learning to be a typical Wellington winter day - wicked cold wind and dumping down rain. Why are you so angry wind? At about 7am I awoke to what sounded like Frank jumping to his death from the light fixture, thank god it was only a leak. I put a bowl under the leak (heaven knows I don't want to damage this carpet) and spent the next hour and a half wondering if what I was experiencing was similar to Chinese water torture.

When first moving into Room #4 I thought..."Wow, a gaping hole in the ceiling - what character!", then that changed to feeling certain that the opening housed a camera (I know, how conceited), but now I know that it's just a major leak that the ceiling cannot contain. With the angry winds, ceaseless heavy rain, cracking plaster, and mini waterfall (totally over exaggerating but I'm not stopping) the next step was the ceiling caving in. I almost wished for it just as an out to end my lease but after seriously analyzing the situation and comparing it to all others here at The Adelaide, I knew good and goddamn well that if the roof caved in I would merely be referred to a tarp company. I pray for your strength roof...