May 22, 2011

Moxham Mania

I moved yesterday. I opened the windows and the dang french doors while I unpacked. You know what I can see from my room? Green grass and rose bushes. I did laundry. The dryer works. I bought hangers and hung my clothes in the CLOSET. The toilet flushes on command. I warmed the room with the portable HEATER.

I walked to the grocery store. Word on the street is that said g-store is the cheapest in Wellington and you know what? I believe it is true. You know what I saw on the way to the store? A shit ton of rugby players and the freakin' ocean. In that order.

I left this morning from my own private entrance. But I left a little deflated. Apparently none of the other tenants are fans of One Star Rentals. In fact they are all highly disgruntled and have given the rental co. 14 days to resolve some issues or they walk. One of the issues being that the entire lower floor flooded recently. Oh yeah, there is currently a dish washing stand off taking place as well. Everyone refuses to do the colossal mound of rotting dishes. The fantastic part is that there is a working dishwasher directly under the heaping dish mound. Oops. Do I spy some Skid Row Digs material?

One fellow Moxhamite was astonished when I said the new place was a fucking palace compared to The Adelaide. I hadn't yet divulged that The Adelaide was such a wicked experience that I currently write a blog about it. I'll let the wine tell him that one evening.