May 26, 2011

Ode to the South.

Ode to the South

Room #7 has a shelf above the bathroom which I have converted into a shrine. Ode to the South. Prickly Pear painting, Texas banner (thanks Jelena!), beltbuckles...of course, postcards of AZ, and then you have Pepe Lopez sitting in for the right side bookend.

And yes, if you zoom in...it is indeed $27.65 for a hip pocket of poor quality tequila in NZ. On one of my first journeys home, I happened upon a U.S.-style liquor store. I cruised in to select a bottle of something fine to celebrate the new digs. I walked out with Pepe Lopez. This shit was behind glass with lock and key. I collected the shop keeper and pointed in Pepe's direction. "This looks like a high class bottle, I'll take it", I said. He then tapped the bottle on the counter to prove that yes, it is plastic.